The process of prescribing, filling and picking up a prescription medicine is complex. While you and your health care provider want the most effective treatment, there are several things that may prevent you from getting the medication you were prescribed.
Prescription Process gives you the information you need to find out if you’re getting what the doctor ordered.
This website helps you answer questions like:
- What is “step therapy” and what does it mean to “fail first” on a medication?
- How can non-medical switching impact patient health?
- Why does my health plan make me pay more for abuse-deterrent formulations?
- What are specialty tiers and why are my prescription out of pocket costs so high?
- What can I do about these issues?
Prescription Process is a project of the Alliance for Patient Access (AfPA), a non-profit national network of physicians who advocate for patient access to approved therapies and appropriate clinical care.