Ask Your Pharmacy
Here are some questions you can ask your pharmacist or mail-order pharmacy before paying for your prescription:
- Is this the exact drug my doctor prescribed?
- If it is not the exact drug my doctor prescribed, why are you switching my medication and how is this different?
- How will this medication switch impact my health? What are the side effects of this drug compared to the one my doctor prescribed?
- Have you notified my doctor that you are not giving me the medication he/she prescribed?
- If you’ve switched my medication, does this drug have the same dose as the one I was originally prescribed?
- What do I need to do to get the medication my doctor originally prescribed?
- How much will I have to pay out of pocket for this medication?
- [If you need financial assistance in obtaining your prescription] Are there any assistance programs that can help me pay for this medication?