Ask Your Doctor
Here are questions you may want to ask your doctor and other healthcare professionals during your appointment:
- What are my treatment options and why are you recommending this one? If it’s a medication, what are the side effects?
- If this medication doesn’t work, do I have other options?
- Is this a generic drug or the least expensive treatment? If not, why are you prescribing it over a generic or less expensive medicine?
- Are there assistance programs available if I have trouble paying for my prescription? Where can I find more information?
- Will my health plan need to approve this prescription before I can get it?
- Will you be notified if the pharmacy is giving me a different medication than the one you prescribed?
- Will someone from your office notify me if I’m not getting the medication you prescribed?